Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Huma Qureshi and Ek thi Daayan

Advertisements

-->


Huma Qureshi had not yet taken herself very seriously when she signed on the dotted line for Anurag Kashyap’s highly acclaimed drama Gangs Of Wasseypur.Arey, hum toh aise he maze kar kar ke yeh film bana rahe they (we were just having fun while shooting this film), though Anurag had tremendous confidence in the film. But when I look back now, I tell myself ‘Oh my God, I am a part of such a wonderful project!’ I could not have asked for more,” said Huma when we bumped into her at the screening of GOW part 2.
But even today, after proving that her debut performance was not just a flash in the pan by portraying another interesting role in Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana, and now all set with her new film Ek Thi Daayan, Huma is just the same. “I can’t plan my films. I love acting and that’s what I do, honestly. And I do it honestly not because the movie business – just like any other business – is a serious commercial affair, but because I love acting. I love the energy I feel when I am there, preparing for my next shot,” confesses Huma.
Ek Thi Daayan is very dark!
Talking about her new supernatural thriller Ek Thi Daayan- co-starring Emraan Hashmi and Konkona Sen Sharma – the young star maintains that it’s a quirky film.“ I am confident that you would not want to know the surprise element of the film. It will ruin the whole ( movie watching) experience, plus I am not allowed to talk much about the plot. But trust me, just like my earlier films, this flick is very quirky. In fact, this one is highly unpredictable and very dark. There’s enough in this film to keep you hooked and entertained. So keep guessing!”
Stardom is overwhelming
And guessing we are, not just about the story of Ek Thi Daayan and Huma’s intriguing character in it, but also about how the gal is handling her new found stardom. “Stardom…what’s that? Seriously speaking, though I am enjoying it (attention) to the hilt and love signing autographs, I think this whole so called ‘stardom’ thing has not sunk in yet. I can’t say no when fans ask me to pose with them and even enjoy signing autographs. But somehow I don’t feel like a star. The attention I am getting not only from fans but from the fraternity is overwhelming. Let me come out of this shock that it is happening to me first, before I am able to think about stardom,” she says with a loud giggle.
I am comfortable in my own skin
On the one hand Huma is getting appreciation for her craft, but on the other, her presence in the media glare has brought the 26-year-old under tremendous scrutiny. Her red carpet appearances are discussed more for her voluptuousness than what she wears, but that doesn’t bother the girl. “I never thought I will be accepted easily and will be appreciated so much. It was an impossible thing for someone who was considered obese and a geek for a very long time. I am comfortable in my own skin and dress just the way I like to. There’s no fashion mantra for me, but yes, comfort is the most important factor,” admits Huma.
Emraan is fun to be with
Films are keeping Huma occupied and she’s has decided to better her craft with every project. And one such co-star Huma acknowledges learning from is Emraan Hashmi. Earlier touted as the kissie-boy of B-town, Emraan has now become a huge saleable factor at the box office. Talking about her co-star who has grown from strength to strength, Huma maintains that it was a wonderful experience working with Hashmi in Ek Thi Daayan. “He’s fun to be with, but he’s very serious about his job. He’s certainly built a brand for himself and knows what makes him stand out. I had a good time working with Emraan. He would play pranks on the sets. But working with Emraan and Konkona was fun,” she says.
Source: Bollywoodlife

Advertisements

-->

No comments:

Post a Comment