Thursday, March 21, 2013

Sanjay Dutt sentenced to 5 years Jail by Supreme Court of India

The Supreme Court of India has upheld the conviction of Sanjay Dutt under Arms Act in 1993 Mumbai blasts case, but reduced the six year jail term given by TADA court to five years. Dutt now has 4 weeks to surrender as the court said that the circumstances and nature of the offence was so serious that he cannot be released on probation. Sanjay Dutt has already spent 1.5 years in the jail and he will now have to serve the remaining term which is around 3.5 years. A total of 257 persons were killed and 713 others injured when a series 13 coordinated explosions shattered the metropolis on March 12, 1993. Sanjay Dutt felt heartbroken after hearing the decision and emotionally uttered: 

"I have already suffered for 20 years and been in jail for 18 months. If they want me to suffer more I have to be strong. I am heart broken because today along with me, my three children and my wife and my family will undergo the punishment. I have always respected the judicial system and will continue to do so, even with tears in my eyes"


He then thanked his family and fans by saying:

"I am overwhelmed by the support of my fans, the industry people, the media and all the well wishers. They have always stood by me and supported me. I know in my heart that I have always been a good human being, respected the system and always been loyal to my country"Sanjay Dutt is currently working for 3 huge movies - 'Policegiri', 'Zanjeer' and 'P.K.' and it is not sure how much shooting is left on his part. Also, he was supposed to start the 3rd instalment of 
 Munna Bhai series which seems unlikely now                                                                                                             
-->

No comments:

Post a Comment